Thousands of libraries, museums, and archives have contributed nearly a million collection descriptions to ArchiveGrid, a subscriber database that offers genealogists and other users access to archival records and finding aids.
Some of the institutions contributing to ArchiveGrid include:
- Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
- Art Institute of Chicago
- Bostonian Society
- Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Cornell University Library
- Harvard University
- International Institute of Social History (IISH)
- Minnesota Historical Society
- Museum of Northern Arizona
- National Library of Australia
- New York Public Library
- Orthodox Church in America
- Putnam County Historical Society
- Radio City Music Hall
- Smithsonian Institution - Archives of American Art
- State Library of Massachusetts
- University of Minnesota
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- University of Warwick
Researchers searching ArchiveGrid can learn about the many items in each of these collections, contact archives to arrange a visit to examine materials, and order copies.
ArchiveGrid was founded in 2006 by RLG, a not-for-profit membership organization of libraries, archives, and cultural organizations worldwide. It is now managed by leading bibliographic utility, OCLC. Look for ArchiveGrid at your local library.